The Moi School is pleased to offer master (MSc) and doctoral (PhD) grants to highly worthy learners on a competitive basis. Kenyan learners are eligible to apply for these grants.
The aim of the scholarship is to provide financial assistance to national and regional students.
The mission of the university is to be the University of Choice in nurturing innovation and talent in science, technology, and development. The vision is to preserve, create, and disseminate knowledge, conserve and develop scientific, technological and cultural heritage through quality teaching and research; to create conducive work and learning environment, and to work with stakeholders for the betterment of society.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Masters (MSc) and Doctorate (PhD) program.
Study Subject: The Center scholarships will be offered to both national and regional students in the following: Textile Engineering (MSc), Industrial Engineering (MSc) and Energy Studies (MSc and PhD). Doctorate (PhD) scholarships will be awarded for a maximum of three years (36 months) while Masters (MSc) scholarships will generally last for two years (24 months).
Scholarship Award: Doctorate (PhD) scholarships will be awarded for a maximum of three years (36 months) while Masters (MSc) scholarships will generally last for two years (24 months).
Number of Scholarships: Limited scholarships are available.
Scholarship can be taken in Kenya
Eligibility: Only shortlisted candidates as per the following criteria will be considered:
- A minimum of Second Class Honours Upper Division or its equivalence in a Bachelor degree related to the field one is interested in. In the case of PhD application, Master’s degree in a related field is a requirement.
- The candidate must meet the minimum requirement for admission into Masters and PhD programs as stipulated by Moi University.
- All interested candidates must have a research concept paper that is in one of the programmes offered by the Center.
- Demonstration that one cannot afford to pay for his or her postgraduate program will be a requirement.
- Proof of admission into the above-stated programs will be an added advantage.
- The following candidates are highly encouraged to apply for the scholarship: Female, regional, disadvantaged, marginalized groups, and candidates with disabilities.
Nationality: Kenyan students are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: A minimum of Second Class Honours Upper Division or its equivalence in a Bachelor degree related to the field one is interested in. In the case of PhD application, Master’s degree in a related field is a requirement.
How to Apply: All interested candidates can apply by filling in a scholarship form or can be obtained directly from the Center. The duly filled application form can either be returned directly to the Center, posted or emailed so as to reach the Center not later than 18th August 2017. All applications should be addressed by post and also by Email Address: muptreaceii-at-gmail.com or muptreaceii-at-mu.ac.ke.
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is August 18, 2017.