Applications are invited for “CHED Fulbright Grant “for pursuing masters or doctoral studies. The grant is available for Filipino applicants to study in the USA.
The objective of a CHED –Fulbright grant is to enable qualified higher education faculty and staff.
The Philippine-American Educational Foundation (PAEF) is a non-profit, binational organization responsible for the administration of the prestigious Fulbright Scholarship Program, Hubert H. Humphrey fellowships, and other educational exchange initiatives. Grants are awarded on a competitive basis to Filipino and American students, teachers, scholars and professionals to study, teach, lecture and conduct research in the United States and in the Philippines.
Course Level: The grant is available to pursue master or doctoral programme.
Study Subject: The grant is awarded in the following fields:
- Agricultural Education
- Architecture, Fine Arts and Related Programs
- Business Management
- Criminal Justice Education
- Health Profession Education
- Information Technology
- Maritime Education
- Social Sciences
- Public Management and Governance
Scholarship Award: The grant will cover the following:
- The grant provides for round-trip international travel, monthly maintenance allowance, tuition and fees, book/supply allowance, and health and accident insurance.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for the grant:
- Philippine citizenship
- Must meet English proficiency requirement of U.S. universities
- Has college degree with major in field of specialization
- Demonstrate strong academic record
- Must have adequate knowledge that would prepare a scholar for successful study and research in a specific graduate program
- While no medical certification is required at application time, applicants must be in good health to pursue graduate studies in the United States. Selected grantees will be required to pass a medical examination
- Must have at least two years of teaching experience (after college) in the field of specialization or professional experience relevant to the field of study and currently employed by a CHED-recognized higher education institution. Assistantships during college do not count.
- Not older than 42 years of age for applicants for master’s degree programs; not older than 40 years of age for doctoral degree applicants, and not more than 50 years old for doctoral dissertation grant applicants.
- Applicants for doctoral dissertation research must be enrolled in a doctoral program; must have a dissertation topic approved at least by his/her adviser to be conducted in the U.S
- Has no pending criminal charges, and must not have been convicted for violation of any Philippine Law.
- Is committed to return to and serve the Philippines upon completion of the study and fulfil all the Terms and Conditions of the grant, and comply with the HEI’s return service obligation.
- Once the applicant is accepted in the program, he/she shall enter into a tripartite contract with the sending Philippine institution and CHED for the monitoring of the re-entry action plan.
Nationality: Filipino applicants are eligible for the grant.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have college degree.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must meet the necessary language proficiency requirements of the host institution.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply by post.
- Printed application form and required documents should be received at the PAEF office.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is June 30, 2017.