The University of Newcastle is pleasant learners for its Analysis Experts Scholarship or grant for both domestic and international Students. The grants are available for seeking Analysis Experts project analyzing novel injectable plastic for heart regrowth under the guidance of Lecturer Phil Boyle and Dr Hannah Murtha.
The aim of the scholarship is to integrate ECM peptides within a biopolymer to provide structural support and a favourable microenvironment for injected stem cells, leading to increased cell retention and survival, restoration of heart function, and ultimately, myocardial regeneration.
The University of Newcastle (UoN), informally known as Newcastle University, is an Australian public university established in 1965. It has a primary campus in Callaghan, a suburb of Newcastle, New South Wales. The university also operates campuses in Ourimbah, Port Macquarie, Singapore, Newcastle CBD and Sydney CBD.
Course Level: The scholarship is available to pursue research programme.
Study Subject: The scholarship is awarded in research masters project investigating novel injectable polymer for cardiac regeneration .
Scholarship Award: The scholarship will cover the following:
- A scholarship is available at the Research Training Program stipend rate, which provides a full-time living allowance of $26,682 per annum (2017 rate, tax-free, indexed annually), for a period of up to 3.5 years (equivalent full-time student load).
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Applicants must have a degree in health, biomedical or biotechnology sciences (or equivalent) from a reputable Higher Education Organisation.
- English proficiency essential.
- The successful candidates will be expected to commence studies in January 2018. Mid-year applicants will also be considered.
This opportunity is open to domestic and international candidates.
Nationality: International and domestic applicants are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a degree in health, biomedical or biotechnology sciences.
English Language Requirement: English proficiency is essential for every applicants.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email:
- Interested applicants should send an email expressing their interest, including scanned evidence of their academic transcript, CV.
- These documents should be emailed to stacey.wilks-at-newcastle.edu.au.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is September 30, 2017.