Applications are welcomed for Master’s Grants at the Vienna University of Technology. Grants support excellent students to study in the Master’s Program in Reasoning and Calculations.
Logic and Computation is a Master’s program in computer science at the Vienna University of Technology. Its name stands for an interdisciplinary field that has its roots in mathematics, computer science, and logic.
This program is aimed at highly motivated students who want to gain knowledge in the following fundamental fields of computer science: Algorithms and complexity; Knowledge representation and artificial intelligence; Logic, mathematics and theoretical computer science; and Programming languages and verification.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing master’s program.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Logic and Computation.
Scholarship Award: The Master’s Program in Logic and Computation offers funding to support excellent students of the program:
- They offer scholarships to support outstanding students to study in the Master’s Program in Logic and Computation. They are awarded annually and typically last for the duration of the master’s program (up to two years). The students who are awarded a scholarship receive €6000 annually, paid in installments. Among the scholarships is the Helmut Veith Stipend, dedicated to the memory of an outstanding computer scientist who worked in the fields of logic in computer science, computer-aided verification, software engineering, and computer security. Once per year the Helmut Veith Stipend is awarded to one excellent female student and, unlike the ordinary scholarships, includes a waiver of the tuition fees.
- They offer tuition fee waivers.
- They offer research fellowships for students who want to actively participate and contribute to research projects. The fellowships, which are compatible with the above scholarships and tuition fee waivers, are limited to the second year students of the program, and amount to approximately €440 per month.
Scholarship can be taken in Austria
Eligibility: Application for a Scholarship or a Tuition Fee Waiver Students who meet the following conditions are eligible to apply:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Mathematics (Bologna first cycle) or equivalent degree
- Extensive knowledge and interest in (at least one of) the following areas: Logic in Computer Science, Databases, Algorithms, Formal Methods and Verification, Foundations of Artificial Intelligence, Complexity Theory and Computer Security.
Nationality: Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Mathematics.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: All international applicants for whom English is not the native tongue must provide proof of competence in the English language.
How to Apply: A certified translation needs to be provided for documents that are not in German or English. Your application must be submitted electronically to master-at-logic-cs.at as a single PDF document. Students are required to submit the following documents:
- Cover Letter, describing the type of funding the student is applying for, and all other aspects the student deems relevant for the application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter, describing the reasons why the student wants to study in the program Logic and Computation, why funding is necessary, and with which groups of the faculty the student would be interested to work with and why.
- Reports on university examinations (transcripts)
- Diplomas and/or certificates (first degree, bachelor degree, or higher) If the final academic certificate is not yet available at the time of the application deadline, a preliminary certificate (indicating the type of degree and the expected graduation date) signed and stamped by the degree-awarding university must be provided.
- Contact details of two referees (for letters of recommendation)
- English language certificate (TOEFL or similar)
- Copy of passport
Application Deadline: The application deadline is August 20, 2017.