The Rhodes School is pleasant candidates for its Postdoctoral Analysis Fellowship program. The fellowship is available for Southern Africa candidates in the industry of Geopolitics and the Artistry of African-american.
The aim of this fellowship is to Produce high-quality research outputs and Build research capacity through a cooperative research culture.
The Rhodes University is a public research university located in Grahamstown in the Eastern Cape Province of South Africa. It is one of four universities in the province.
Course Level: The fellowship is available to pursue Postdoctoral Research programme.
Study Subject: The fellowship is awarded in the field of Geopolitics and the Arts of Africa.
Scholarship Award: The fellowship will cover the following:
- The fellowship is worth R200 000 per annum (tax exempt), and the academic year runs from January to December 2018.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known.
Scholarship can be taken in South Africa.
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Candidates must have obtained their PhD in a relevant discipline within the last five years.
- Candidates’ research needs to focus on the visual and performing arts of Africa and needs to intersect meaningfully with the programme’s research areas.
- Candidates must be of exceptional merit as evidenced by the quality of their research.
Preference will be given to candidates based on the African continent.
- Candidates based in other global south contexts will be considered.
- Candidates need to demonstrate an ability to submit for publication at least two new articles based on original research in relevant accredited journals during the Fellowship.
Nationality: South Africa applicants are eligible to apply for the fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must be PhD.
South Africa Scholarship
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email.
- Please email a brief Expression of Interest to Charmaine Mostert ([email protected]) and request an Application Form. In the Expression of Interest includes your area of research, the date your PhD was awarded, the institution that awarded the degree, and your current institutional affiliation (if applicable).
- An applicant who has not completed her/his PhD at the time the Fellowship is offered must have successfully completed the PhD by the end of 2017. In these circumstances the Research Chair, Professor Ruth Simbao ([email protected]) will require written assurance from the applicant’s Supervisor that there is a reasonable expectation that the examination process will be successfully completed by the end of 2017.
- email: mostert-at-u.ac.za
Application Deadline: The application deadline is September 15, 2017.