The OAS General Secretariat (GS/OAS) is proud to offer an undergraduate scholarship programme. The scholarship is open to all the students of OAS member states except the USA.
The aim of the scholarship is to give financial support to the students of OAS member states.
Western Kentucky University (WKU) is in the midst of a transformation – physical, intellectual, cultural and economic – and is becoming A Leading American University with International Reach.
Course Level: The scholarship is available to pursue an undergraduate degree.
Study Subject: The scholarship is awarded in the fields offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship will cover the followings:
- Onsite Undergraduate Degree Programs as listed in Annex I
- The University shall cover USD $11,400 of the total tuition costs each year of the program of study.
- USD $1,000 one-time subsistence allowance to the top ranked candidates to help defray the cost of living.
- Online Undergraduate Degree Programs as listed in Annex 1
- USD $1,000 one-time subsistence allowance to the top ranked candidates to help defray the cost of tuition in the first year of the studies.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Provide an unconditional admission letter to Western Kentucky University
- Submit a completed scholarship application with all required supporting documents
- Be a citizen and/or permanent legal resident of any OAS member state, except the United States.
Nationality: Applicants of Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Barbados , Belize , Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia , Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica (Commonwealth of) Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana. Haití, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay Peru, Nevis Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Bahamas (Commonwealth of) The Bahamas (Commonwealth of), Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay and Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of) Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of) can apply for the scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have previous year degree.
English Language Requirement: Proof of English Proficiency, if applicable –students whose native language is not English will be required to submit one of the following as proof of English proficiency:
- A copy of an official transcript verifying completion of studies in an English speaking university in the last five years;
- A test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a score of 570 or higher for the paper based test, 230 for computer-based test, or an internet-based TOEFL (IBT) score of at least 89;
- IELTS 6.5, or the equivalent
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via online mode.
- ID – scan or photo of passport page that contains the applicant’s full name, date of birth, and country of citizenship.
- Admission letter – unconditional admission letter to Western Kentucky University.
- Transcript or record of grades – copy of High School transcript or Associate’s degree transcript or transcript from current institution. Transcripts must be translated by a sworn translator if English is not the original language of the transcript.
- Certificate or Diploma – copy of high school certificate or Associate’s degree diploma or letter of enrollment from current institution
- 2 Recommendation Letters – one of the recommendation letters should be provided by a university professor and the other should be provided by current or most recent employer that includes: the letterhead of the University/Institution, the Professor’s/Employer’s position within the University/Institution, date and signature.
- Applicants with no work experience may substitute the recommendation letter from the employer with a recommendation letter from a second professor.
- Essays – applicants are required to write and include two (2) essays as part of the OAS-WKU online application form and must be written in English. Both essays should be no longer than 2 pages.
- Curriculum vitae – in English and no specific format is required. Do not include copies of diplomas, certificates or awards; only include text.
- Proof of Additional Funds – proof that you have sufficient funds to cover remaining tuition and fees and other costs not covered by the scholarship by including one, or a combination, of the following documents with your scholarship application.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is November 1, 2017.